Studio visit – Femmes Artistes: Leticia Tessari.
The day I meet Leticia Tessari, we’ve stayed together hours, I didn´t chek up my watch ( In Marbella there is no mention of time), ohhh….. Let’s say we spoke all afternoon.
We talked about fashion, shared our vision about styles… cities and all our experience in fashion. Leticia, settled down in Marbella a few years ago, she is a designer and she have been working with french brands (actually, we have a lot of common points together. Oh … So many things to share!) Today she is 26, and she co-founder of Marketing agency “Why Not “.
Icône would like to know about her commitment in work, so here is our conversation:
- Tell us more about your background and your best professional experience? I worked with fashion since I finished my studies, 5 years ago and in 2018 I had the opportunity to start a new path in a very special project for me, Amor y Paz, next to Pepe Imaz. Through this ‘project of life’, the desire is to share Love, in tennis, with children, with parents and teachers, with all those who feel living life from within, from this light that we all are, from love towards myself and towards others. For me it is undoubtedly one of the most important experiences in my life, not only professional but also personal, my only wish in this project is to be able to tell you that there are many ways of living life that are incredible, there is a whole world inside each one of us and the key to this wonderful world we have hidden but can be found closer than you imagine. As I like to say, life arrange everything and today I work with my sister Manuela, in Why Not Studio, I can say that it is a creative studio, a marketing company, a clothing brand, but actually it’s our dream come true, it is where our imagination has life, is where we find the balance between Manu and me, and from this balance we create our Art. What inspires me about this dream is the meaning, Why Not? Why not start today? Why not work together, with different points of views, opinions, styles? Why not work in a community, without competition? Why not mix? Why Not be free to express what you are, in a profesional project, in the way you dress, in the way you live? Why Not?
- Can you tell us more about your background? Since young, art was very present in my life, my mother is an artist, with no doubt is one of the people who inspired me the most to choose my career, my passion.I chose fashion because through it I was able to express my feelings and creations, my kind of art.Like many girls, I started working in stores, for me the experience in brands like Sandro and American Vintage was very important. I had the opportunity to meet people who gave me a vision about the fashion world from the commercial side, to have contact with the client and to be able to perceive things that sometimes in an office is not possible, working in a store is where you realise what really works or not, what colours are the best sellers, what stamps like the most and why? It’s where you really know the potential of a design.
I believe that today’s woman is looking for honest and quality brands, we want to feel comfortable but at the same time stylish. // LETICIA TESSARI
- What is your description in 3 words about the lifestyle in Marbella? I could define the lifestyle of Marbella in one sentence: Don’t worry, Be happy! At least for me!
- As a designer, according to you, what a woman of today is looking for to wear ? I believe that today’s woman is looking for honest and quality brands, we want to feel comfortable but at the same time stylish.
- You settled down in Marbella for some reasons , can you give us the first one? Do you miss something ? I was born in Brazil and what I miss the most is my father, my friends and the food, but luckily my sisters live in Marbella and with them I feel like home no matter where I am. And for this reason I chose Marbella, because from the first time I was here, it feels like home…and of course because THE WEATHER!!!
But my favourite piece always will be my boyfriend’s white linen shirt! As you can see I’m not very good define things, somebody said : To Define is To limit! I think this is my style!!
- Can you determine your personal style in 3 words ? Before Marbella ? After ? I always consider myself to have a very basic style, I really like mans clothes, oversize and the most confortable!!! Before Marbella I wore a lot dark colours , always loved to wear black from head to toe. My style has not changed much, but now I love light colours and sometimes I wear some stamped dresses , what was impossible before!! But my favourite piece always will be my boyfriend’s white linen shirt! As you can see I’m not very good define things, somebody said : To Define is To limit! I think this is my style!!
- According to you what is the woman today ? I will try to define, but with women it is impossible! Powerful, unique and inspiring!
- Which is your perfect Blue Jean? Sandro Parisien , boyfriend high waist Jeans in Blue Vintage Denim.
- What is your 3 favorites places in Marbella ? Restaurant Gaspar for spanish food!!! Monsieur Bistro for french food !!! and … Anywhere with Marko and Buba (my dog)!!